"All roads led to Narrandera in the Riverina Region, in South- West, New South Wales. Narrandera is a charming regional township on the Newell Highway with an easy going country feel about it. We were most fortunate with the weather, it was just perfect for sports cars, with plenty of sunshine over the entire week-end.
Following a drive through the town centre, Narrandera Park was the setting for the 1995 TR Register Concours on the Saturday, with a marvellous turn-out of 24TR’s and one Swallow Doretti. The winners were announced at the evening presentation dinner, conducted at the historic Murrumbidgee Club, courtesy of local TR3A owner and Register member Doug Milvain and his wife Margaret.
The following morning, members travelled in convoy down the Sturt Highway towards Wagga Wagga to the Aurora Clydesdale Stud and Pioneer Farm for a most enjoyable “farm” lunch and a fascinating tour of the working farm and tourist attraction. Paul Kelly won the Laurie Cousin Trophy with his most impressive TR3A. "
The following photos are general views of the Concours - from Graeme White.
IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OR DETAILS - THEY WOULD BE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED (to Graeme or Rick)
1. Paul Kelly won the Laurie Cousin Trophy with his most impressive TR3A
This photo was taken 7 years later - does anyone have an original 1995 photo?
2. Brian Love’s superb TR 2 gained first place in the TR2 class.
3. Jim Beswicks TR2 sporting the TRs original number plates
4. L to R: - Bob Slender's TR3A, Russell Holiday's BRG TR3A
5. Roger Walker’s and Allan Bare’s immaculate small mouth TR3s.
6. Graham Brohan’s recently completed restoration of his “new” 3A
7. A fine spread of classic TRs at Narrandera - Graham Griffith's TR3A in the centre.
8. Tony Knowlsons TR3A alongside Lance Duncans BRG TR3A and Des Wilkinson Red TR3A from South Australia
9. Ross Wannell's 1959 TR3A
10. Paul McEwens Red, Swallow Doretti attracted a lot of admirers.
11. Rear view clearly shows the elegant lines of the Doretti, and emphasizes its very small boot.
TRs parked for lunch and refreshments at the Stud farm.
L to R: - Graham Griffiths, Rick Fletcher and
Doug Milvain (both Powder Blue), all TR3As. Geoff James red TR3A in the background.