"In glorious sunshine, despite the smoke haze of nearby bushfires in the Hunter district, the successful 1991 Concours was conducted on the Saturday amongst the vines at the picturesque Branxton, Wyndam Estates Dalwood winery.
The delightful old winery buildings and sweeping lawns made for an idyllic location for our 1991 gathering. The concours and presentation dinner at the winery will long be remembered because it coincided with the wineries recent release of their Wyndham Estate’s TR2 Riesling. The well organised Register’s big weekend began on Saturday morning with an impressive turnout of twenty or so classic sidescreen TRs in the Mall in Maitland.
It wound up on Sunday mid- afternoon, following a convoy of classic TRs completing a most enjoyable tour of the surrounding districts of Patterson, East Gresford, and Dungog, with a casual farewell luncheon. The keenly contested Laurie Cousin trophy was won by Graham Brohan with his immaculate Triumph TR3A."
The following photos are general views of the Concours - from Graeme White.
IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OR DETAILS - THEY WOULD BE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED (to Graeme or Rick)
1. Locals gather to see the TRs on display in the Maitland Mall (Mark Stuckey TR2 closest then John Murn TR3A)
2. Mark Stuckey’s TR2 in the Mall. (newspaper under the car is to catch any oil drips)
3. Bob Slender's BRG TR3A alongside Roger Walker's TR3, John Murn's TR3A and Boyce Beeton's BRG TR3A
4. Doug Milvain's Blue TR3A closest then Geoff Fry’s TR3A & probably Peter Montesin's TR3A then Graham Brohan's TR3A
5. Howard Wood's TR2 (obscured), John McCormack's TR2, Rick Fletchers TR2, Ray Rodgers TR2 (Qld) & Shirley Pitman's TR2
6. John McCormack's sporty BRG TR2 ( Geoff Fry doing some last-minute cleaning and Doug Milvain in the background )
7. Howard Wood's TR2
8. Rick Fletcher's TR2