"The Victorian City of Shepparton in the Goulburn Valley played host to members of the TR Register with the 1989 Concours d’ Élegance conducted in a large reserve behind the Civic Centre.
It was a great weekend all round, and the reserve was a fitting location for the Register to provide an excellent showing, with passing members of the public having a look around our display of 23 TRs. The Saturday evening presentation dinner was held at the Overlander Hotel/Motel.
On the Sunday, members drove out in convoy to the Driver Education Centre of Australia (more commonly known as DECA) at Shepparton and saw all of the competitors taking part in the Lucas Grand Prix Rally, on route to Adelaide, go through their paces. Register members entered in the Rally were Geoff Bills from South Australia, and Peter Mitchell from Victoria who were seen applying their driving skills in the various DECA tests in their TR3As.
Graham Brohan took out the Laurie Cousin Trophy with his immaculately restored TR3A. "
The following photos are general views of the Concours - from Graeme White.
IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OR DETAILS - THEY WOULD BE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED (to Graeme or Rick)
1. Graham Brohan took out the Laurie Cousin Trophy with his immaculately restored TR3A
2. TRs lined up amongst the gum trees.
3. Bob Slender's one owner BRG TR3A
4. Vic Baker’s Red TR3A
5. Roger Walker holding baby daughter Catherine, standing next to Roy Hartles ( from Albury ) Roger Walkers Brg TR3, alongside Alan Bare’s TR3 next to Boyce Beetons TR3A.
6. A line up of 5 Powder Blue TRs - surely a rarity in 1989?
7. L to R - David Fraser TR3A , Geoff Fry TR3A, Lyall Copeland TR3A
8. TRs in the car park at DECA
9. Preparing at the motel for the concours.
L to R: -
Cenny Wagemaker Blue TR3A with Bob Slender and Boyce Beeton and their BRG TR3A’s
10. Roger Searles BRG TR3A , back at the Motel.
11. Geoff Bills in his left-hand drive Rally TR3A.